Today India is home to some of the finest software companies in the world. The software companies in India are reputed across the globe for their efficient IT and business related solutions. Software Industry in India With the huge success of the software companies in India, the Indian software industry in turn has become successful in making a mark in the global arena. This industry has been instrumental in driving the economy of the nation on to a rapid growth curve. As per the study of NASSCOM the IT/ITES industry recorded a growth of 4 – 7 percent in the year 2019.
The export of software has also gone up, which has been instrumental in the huge success of the Indian software companies as well as the industry. In fact, software export from India accounts for more than 65% of the total software revenue. The domestic software market largely depends upon sale of software packages and products, which constitute major part of revenues. Products account for almost 40% of the domestic market. On the other hand, more than 80% of revenue from software exports comes from software services like custom software development and consultancy services etc.
Reasons behind Success of Indian software companies
There are a number of reasons why the software companies in India have been so successful. Besides the Indian software companies, a number of multinational giants have also plunged into the India IT market.
India is the hub of cheap and skilled software professionals, which are available in abundance. It helps software companies to develop cost-effective business solutions for their clients. As a result, Indian software companies can place their products and services in the global market at the most competitive rate. This is the reason why India has been a favorite destination for outsourcing as well. Many multinational IT giants also have their offshore development centers in India.
Interesting Facts about the Software Companies
- India won recognition for its software writing skills in the late 1990s.
- Cheaper salaries which are almost equal to one fifth of the salaries paid to US and European IT counterparts have helped outsourcing companies like Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services and Wipro.
- The software industry in India was hit hard by the controversial fraud at Satyam Computers.
- IBM employ’s about 70,000 workers in India.
- The IT industry accounts for 5 percent of India’s GDP.
Services offered by software companies in India
- Custom Business solutions
- Collaborative Content Management
- Internet Marketing
- Web Branding Services
- Database Migration services
- Customization Services
- Application Development
- ERP solutions
- Iphone Apps development
- Collaborative Commerce
- Programming Services
- Quality assurance and testing services
- Multimedia offering
IT Business Sectors
Most of the software companies in India are into varied types of business. There can be several types of business in the IT sectors:
- Infrastructure Software: These include OS, middleware and databases.
- Enterprise Software: These automate business process in diverse verticals like finance, sales and marketing, production and logistics.
- Security Software
- Industry-specific Software
- Contract Programming
Barpeta Road Web Designing Firm is a venture of Indilens brands that carry more 3 ventures- Indilens Web solutions, Indilens Web Consultancy and Indilens News Team. It is a 15-year-old firm established in 2004. It is an Indian IT firm. The key person of the firm is Main Uddin, (Founder & Chief Executive Officer). Firm deals in Technology services, IT services outsourcing. The firm also sells services such as infrastructure management services, testing & compliance, application development & maintenance, business intelligence & analytics services. In India, its presence in Mumbai, Noida, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Gurgaon along with its presence in Asia, Europe, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and North America.
HQ: Barpeta Road , Assam , India